the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music from Inspiration The soundtrack, produced by Ryan Coogler, Ludwig Göransson, Archie Davis and Dave Jordan is set for release on November 4 via Roc Nation Records/Def Jam Recordings/Hollywood Records. The soundtrack is available for Pre-Save/Pre-Add/pre-order here. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, directed by Ryan Coogler and produced by Kevin Feige and Nate Moore, opens in US theaters on November 11, 2022.
Rihanna‘s lead single “lift me up” is making history this week as it became the most-streamed song in US radio history, garnering the most single-day spins and the most daily viewers.
the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music from Inspiration The soundtrack features over 40 international artists recorded in Lagos, Nigeria, Mexico City, London and Los Angeles. Among them are famous artists Rihanna, Tems, Fireboy DML, OG DAYV Ft. Future, CKay Ft. Pink Pantheress, E-40 and many others.
Ludwig Göransson, who has two Emmys, two Grammys and an Oscar to his credit, composed and produced the score and original songs on the soundtrack. His extensive work in producing artists (Childish Gambino, Adele, Haim, Justin Timberlake) as well as his work in films and television series (Black Panther, Symbols, The Mandalorian) made him uniquely qualified to manage both areas of the audio lance.
For the fourth cinematic collaboration, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Coogler and Göransson set out to create a new soundtrack of which Göransson says, “The song and the score are one.” The two have been talking about this approach since they attended USC Film School, and finally made it happen. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
In what became a labor of love, Göransson spent over 2,500 hours recording the score and soundtrack – spanning six studios, across three continents and five countries. During the video, the audience will hear more than 250 musicians, two orchestras, two choirs and more than 40 musicians.
Coogler was closely involved in the creation of the film’s music, from writing the lyrics to Rihanna’s “Lift Me Up” to providing a cover of “No Woman, No Cry” by Bob Marley performed by Nigerian singer/songwriter Tems and paired with Kendrick Lamar’s “Alright” for the instantly viral trailer.
Göransson says, “Ryan and I talked about the importance of creating a voice track and voice. If we used a song in the film, we wanted the whole song, and it was related to the story. In principle, we want to move the audience from sadness to celebration. When you listen to the soundtrack, you can close your eyes and recreate the experience of the movie. That is the intention.
As the story was inspired by Nigerian and Mesoamerican culture, the recording sessions were set in Lagos, Nigeria, and Mexico City, Mexico, and at Abbey Road Studios in London. The producer collaborated with famous artistes from Lagos, including Tems, who became a musical powerhouse. Additionally, up-and-coming rappers and artists from Mexico City are featured on the soundtrack, including rapper Pat Boy, who raps entirely in Maya.
While in Mexico City, Göransson worked closely with music archaeologist Alejandro Rojas to explore and research Mayan music. Instruments from the Nigerian and Mesoamerican cultures were featured in the creation of the sound.
the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music from Inspiration track list follows:
- Lift me up Made by Rihanna
- Love & Love (Believe) Made by DBN Gogo, Sino Msolo, Kamo Mphela, Young Stunna SY Busiswa
- alone Made by Burn Boy
- No woman No Cry Made by Thems
- Árboles Bajo El Mar Made by Vivir Quintana SY Mare Advertencia
- Con La Brisa Made by Foudeqush SY Ludwig Göransson
- Life Made by The Snow product show E-40
- mediation Made by Stormzy
- Back to you Made by Fireboy DML
- They like it, but No Made by Tobe Nwigwe SY Fat Nwigwe
- Laayli’ kuxa’ano’one Made by ADN Maya Colectivo: Pat Boy, Yaalen K’uj, All Mayan Winik
- Limoncello Made by OG DAYV show FUTURE
- Anya Mmiri Made by CKay show Pink Pantheress
- Wake up Made by civilian blood show Rema
- Panther Made by German show Rema
- Jelly Made by DBN Gogo, Sino Msolo, Kamo Mphela, Young Stunna SY Busiswa
- Inframundo Made by Blue Rojo
- No Digas Mi Nombre Made by call x vida SY Foudeqush
- Mi Pueblo Made by Guadalupe by Jesús Chan Poot