The automotive industry is increasingly adopting AR/VR applications as part of its quest for competitive advantage. With the ever-evolving hardware landscape, deploying these applications is capable of delivering a high-quality experience, more immersive environments, and handling larger assets.
- How has AR/VR evolved into of last years?
In the past couple of years, there have been rapid advances in the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) space, both on the hardware and software side. This growth has been further accelerated by the pandemic as more and more enterprises are going digital, they are finding value in AR and VR technologies. The combined market for AR and VR is projected to be worth up to $300 billion by 2024 and $100 billion by 2030, as estimated by Morgan Stanley, according to Statista. The automotive industry is increasingly adopting AR/VR applications as part of its quest for competitive advantage. Typical scenarios where AR/VR adds value in Automotive include field service, technician training, AR enabled R&R guidance, Remote Assistance etc. We at BGSW have been working with the automotive industry on these scenarios for some time. With the ever-evolving hardware landscape, deploying these applications is capable of delivering a high-quality experience, more immersive environments, and handling larger assets. With many enterprises already experimenting and releasing innovations, tools and applications, the concept of AR/VR is rapidly gaining popularity.
2. How will AR/VR revolutionize the market and solve the challenges? How will it transform the future of businesses?
We have seen AR/VR rapidly gaining adoption in 3 key areas – Training, Industry 4.0 and Customer Experience. We at BGSW are actively engaged in developing solutions in all 3 areas:
- Training – With going digital, remote training is becoming a preferred platform as it is enabling better training while reducing travel requirements. We at BGSW are actively working on training platforms that enable the rapid creation and deployment of effective training.
- Industry 4.0 – Remote Assist, Digital Twin and Guided Maintenance are more often handled by AR/VR. BGSW’s Digital Twin offerings are now available for enterprises to start using.
- Customer Experience – Augmented reality has been actively explored in the areas of customer experience (CX) and retail. While there are successes in individual areas, adoption of AR in CX is still low due to challenges in creating content and “platforming” offerings. BGSW is working on various initiatives to address these challenges. For example, we recently launched an AR-enabled e-commerce solution that allows enterprises to quickly incorporate AR experiences into their e-commerce applications. This solution is called Bridge Commerce and is available in the SAP Store.
3. How does BGSW position itself in the entire AR/VR ecosystem?
The AR/VR space is constantly evolving, opening up a plethora of opportunities for ventures. BGSW is uniquely positioned in AR/VR as one of the early adopters of these technologies. We have a unique mix of services and solutions that enable us to solve customer problems in training, industry 4.0 and customer experience.
Our AR/VR offerings can be classified into 3 broad categories of Training, Industry 4.0 and Customer Experience.
The service offerings in these 3 include 3D Content Generation, core AR/VR application development, platform solutions like VR Training and Bridge Trade etc. We at BGSW offer end-to-end solutions which include Cloud, Frontend, Backend and integrations in addition to the core AR/VR requirements. This enables us to provide comprehensive solutions and act as a partner in our customers’ XR Journey. We work with a combination of expert teams and partner networks and are making initial collaborations to address business problems in the most effective way.
4. Augmented Reality (XR) is one of the emerging technologies and buzz words in the industry. How is XR transforming the customer experience? How are AR/VR accelerators, Virtual DemoZones and Metaverse Experience Centers improving experience innovation?
Over the years, the customer experience has evolved significantly. Brands are working towards improving the customer experience by introducing augmented reality (XR) experiences such as virtual demo areas, virtual stores, AR product experiences, AR-enabled setup and much more. These experiences are quickly changing the way customers interact with the company’s products. XR gives greater freedom to better experience products and interact in an immersive environment before making purchase decisions. At BGSW, we recently released an AR Enabled Accelerator, which connects to SAP Hybris and Mobile eCommerce apps to create a more immersive product experience. This solution significantly reduces the time it takes sellers to create AR product experiences in e-commerce applications.